God’s Covenant with Us
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chron. 7:14
“The members of our churches need to be converted, to become more spiritual-minded. A chain of earnest, praying believers should encircle the world. Let all pray in humility. A few neighbors may meet together to pray for the Holy Spirit. Let those who cannot leave home, gather in their children, and unite in learning to pray together. They may claim the promise of the Saviour: ‘Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.’” Review and Herald, January 3, 1907, par. 4
Based on 2 Chronicles 7:14 we see that God is looking for a heart of humility and repentance. Why is a spirit of humility so important when we pray? Why is united prayer important? How can we experience united prayer even while apart?
Day 12 - Prayer Focus
1. Pray that we would know as a church what it means to walk in humility before God and before each other. Pray that He would teach us how to pray, how to repent, and that healing would come as we seek God with all our hearts.
2. Pray that God would help us as a people know what it means to be more spiritually minded, and how to create a chain of prayer around the world.
3. Pray for church members living in the South England Conference in London. Pray that rather than this pandemic discouraging church members, there would be church growth, increased commitment to God and service.
4. Pray for our youth across Europe, to come back to church, and for parents to be strong positive role models by bringing their children to church.
5. Pray that every person, no matter their age, their gender, their official title or status, would recognize that they are to be witnesses and messengers of God’s love to a dying world.
Going Deeper - Additional Reading Suggestions for this week:
• Ellen White, Steps to Christ, chapters 2-3
• “Removing the Spiritual Breaches” – A PDF Download
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!