In Awe of His Word
“Princes persecute me without a cause, But my heart stands in awe of Your word. I rejoice at Your word as one who finds great treasure.” Ps. 119:161-162
“The Bible is God’s voice speaking to us, just as surely as if we could hear it with our ears. If we realized this, with what awe we would open God’s Word and with what earnestness we would search its precepts. The reading and contemplation of the Scriptures would be regarded as an audience with the Infinite One.” A Call to Stand Apart, p. 69
Have you ever read a verse in the Bible and thought to yourself, “That was just for me! How did God know what I needed today?” As you go about your day today, think of all the reasons why you can rejoice because of God’s Word. In fact, why don’t you write down a list of reasons you are thankful for God’s Word. Start it with, “I love God’s Word because it… (and fill in the blank).” If you struggle thinking of things, read Psalm 119.
We praise the Lord that the Adventist church in Guatemala has found a way to distribute food baskets with rice, beans, cornmeal, oil, salt, and sugar to thousands of its church members who are being affected by this quarantine. This is evidence of church members seeking to share each other’s burdens.
Day 23 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for Africa as they are fighting the Coronavirus pandemic. Pray for our church members who are struggling because of lack of adequate health care. Pray that the rates of infection and death will not be as projected.
- Pray for the thousands of ethnic groups around the world, that make up 69% of earth’s population, that have not yet had a clear presentation of Jesus. Pray for new innovative ways to reach them during this crisis.
- Pray for a spirit of repentance and humility for all of us regarding the times we have not been personally faithful to God in our life and witness.
- Pray for a mighty increase in church members who will serve God by loving others and actively sharing Bible truth with others, including those from other religious backgrounds.
- Pray for farmers who are struggling to plant or harvest crops without the usual support workers, who have been banned from traveling.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, Education, chapter 20, “Bible Teaching and Study”
• Nina Atcheson, As Light Lingers: Basking in the Word of God
• Audiobook: As Light Lingers: Basking in the Word of God (To stream a weekly free chapter go to: www.aslightlingers.com)
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!