“Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.” Ps. 20:6,7
“They are to contend with supernatural forces, but they are assured of supernatural help. All the intelligences of heaven are in this army. And more than angels are in the ranks. The Holy Spirit, the representative of the Captain of the Lord’s host, comes down to direct the battle. Our infirmities may be many, our sins and mistakes grievous; but the grace of God is for all who seek it with contrition. The power of Omnipotence is enlisted in behalf of those who trust in God.” Desire of Ages, p. 352
Do you sometimes wish that you could see the army of angels around your home, your life, and your family? Consider the story of Elisha and what happened when God opened the eyes of his servant (See 2 Kings. 6:17). Imagine how the fear of his servant was replaced with faith when he saw the chariots of fire. What other stories in the Bible can you think of where God opened the eyes of men and women to see angels?
We praise God that many of God’s people are being faithful in returning their tithes and offerings and some are even planning to give more because of shortfalls that may develop because of many being out of work.
Day 39 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for those who work in security positions, like police officers, and others. As civil unrest grows due to the lockdown in certain parts of the world, pray for protection for these men and women.
- Pray that government leaders will work together in unity instead of undermining each other to score political advantages.
- Pray for treatments and remedies that would slow down or stop this pandemic faster than experts predict.
- Pray or our local churches to have unity, spiritual revival and more of an urgency for mission. We are getting many requests from around the world for these issues.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, The Truth About Angels. Click Here to Read
• Cindy Mercer, Pray Big: God Can Do So Much More!
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!