“You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you.” Ps. 91:6-7
“Faith grows strong by coming into conflict with doubts and opposing influences. The experience gained in these trials is of more value than the most costly jewels.” Testimonies, vol. 3, p. 555
What are some practical ways that we can combat fear? What about claiming Bible promises, singing songs, and reflecting on God's leading in our past? Share with someone a time when God carried you through a difficult trial and how your faith grew through that experience. As we reflect on His leading in the past, we will have renewed confidence for the future.
Day 4 - Prayer Focus
1. Pray that God would fulfill the promises of Psalm 91 and put a hedge around His children, protecting them from the coronavirus plague overtaking our world.
2. Pray that this world crisis would be a turning point in church history, and that people’s eyes would be opened to the nearness of Jesus’ soon coming.
3. Pray for those living in cramped quarters in large cities, that they will find creative ways to stay healthy and connected with others. Pray especially for the children who are stuck indoors.
4. Pray for wisdom for the many decisions facing our worldwide church leadership right now. Pray for divine wisdom for these challenging times.
5. Pray for wisdom for our government and world leaders during these difficult times. Pray that there would be a genuine seeking after God among top leaders and government officials.
Going Deeper - Reading Suggestions for this week:
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer Room or share prayer requests below!