The Ministry of Jesus
“Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:14-16
“The Son of God ... has fulfilled His pledge, and has passed into the heavens, to take upon Him the government of the heavenly host. He fulfilled one phase of His priesthood by dying on the cross for the fallen race. He is now fulfilling another phase by pleading before the Father the case of the repenting, believing sinner, presenting to God the offerings of His people. Having taken human nature, and in this nature having overcome the temptations of the enemy, and having divine perfection, to Him has been committed the judgment of the world. The case of each one will be brought in review before Him. He will pronounce judgment, rendering to every man according to his works.” – Manuscript 42, 1901
Jesus became human, died, and resurrected, and is right now standing in the heavenly sanctuary as a representative to all who have surrendered their lives to Him. When you pray, He is listening. When you seek forgiveness for sins, and victory, He hears you and will supply instantly the power needed to overcome. As we live in the light of the judgment, have you made Jesus, the compassionate High Priest, your Advocate (1 John 2:1)? Have you sought refuge in His righteousness? Will you let Him not only cover you in His righteousness, but also fill you with His righteousness by doing the works He has prepared for you (Ephesians 2:10)?
- Sheril M.: “I thank God! The ‘100 Days of Prayer’ have strengthened my faith in this hard time.”
- Rose S.: “Because of this pandemic our ‘Power of Prayer Chat Group’ became more alive as we have more time to pray together virtually, 5-6 times daily!”
Day 45 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for the homeless people in all regions of the world who are relying on the greater population for help but are now in desperate need due to lockdowns.
- Pray for elderly members who are not able to connect with their families during this crisis. Pray for those who are struggling with dementia and are very confused during this time.
- Pray for marriages who are currently under extra pressure. Pray that struggling spouses will find healing, help and humility as they focus on Jesus.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, Ministry of Healing. Click Here to Read
• Ron Clouzet, Adventism’s Greatest Need: The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!