Committing to Friends
“A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” – Proverbs 18:24
“Jonathan, by birth heir to the throne, yet knowing himself set aside by the divine decree; to his rival the most tender and faithful of friends, shielding David’s life at the peril of his own; … the name of Jonathan is treasured in heaven, and it stands on earth a witness to the existence and the power of unselfish love.” – Education, 157
Jonathan and David’s friendship had a spiritual quality and depth that is rarely seen anymore. Their friendship was based on a holy covenant of mutual spiritual support and commitment. Do you have spiritual friends? Are you a spiritual friend to somebody else? Why not choose to commit to the spiritual development of your friends by putting personal desires and pleasures aside, and committing time and love to support your friends in their walk with Christ?
- The It Is Written online evangelistic meetings are reporting amazing results with thousands of people participating and many making decisions for Jesus. Seekers are connecting with local Adventist churches for follow up.
- Many former Adventist members are reconnecting with the church thanks for the increased online outreach activities.
Day 53 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for your friends. Especially those who do not know Christ or have lost their way. Pray that God will give you the courage to be a positive, proactive, spiritual influence in their lives.
- Pray for evangelistic meetings planned in the Rift Valley in Kenya, which is an unentered territory for our church.
- Pray for the Phoenix Beacon Light SDA Church’s community center as new members are getting it ready to serve their community.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, Steps to Christ, chapter 1 "God's Love for Man" Click Here to Read
• Derek J. Morris, The Radical Prayer
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!