Fervent Effective Prayer
“As for me, I will call upon God, and the LORD shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, for there were many against me.” Ps. 55:16-18
“When the church awakes to the sense of her holy calling, many more fervent and effective prayers will ascend to heaven for the Holy Spirit to point out the work and duty of God’s people regarding the salvation of souls. We have a standing promise that God will draw near to every seeking soul.” 1 Selected Messages, p. 116
We are all in a very serious battle. Doctors and nurses and medical professionals on the front line are especially feeling the heat of this battle. How can we encourage them in their work? How are we to fight our battles? And what is the holy calling that the church must awake to in the spiritual realm?
Day 6 - Prayer Focus
1. Pray for our grandparents, parents, and the elderly to have strength and health in the midst of this worldwide crisis.
2. Pray for our health professionals, doctors, nurses, and others who are continuing to work around the clock to care for the mounting coronavirus cases. Pray for their personal health and safety.
3. Pray that the Three Angel’s Messages would move forward even more powerfully in the parts of the world where large events and outreach programs have been canceled, as all eyes turn heavenward.
4. Pray for the Mission to the Cities initiatives in numerous locations throughout the World Church. Pray that the seeds that have been sown will now reap fruit for God’s kingdom.
5. Pray for wisdom, patience and grace in dealing with all the multiple changes taking place in daily living so that people can cope and, beyond that, be faithful witnesses to God’s all-powerful leading in their lives.
Going Deeper - Reading Suggestions for this week:
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or join prayer discussion below!