A Righteous Diet
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.” – Matthew 5:6
“Righteousness is holiness, likeness to God, and ‘God is love.’ 1 John 4:16. It is conformity to the law of God, for ‘all Thy commandments are righteousness’ (Psalm 119:172), and ‘love is the fulfilling of the law’ (Romans 13:10). Righteousness is love, and love is the light and the life of God. The righteousness of God is embodied in Christ. We receive righteousness by receiving Him.” – Thoughts from The Mount of Blessing, p. 18
Do you hunger and thirst for Christ’s righteousness? His life of perfect selfless love and His substitutional death provides you with a twofold gift of justifying grace: 1.) His imputed righteousness, which is the promise that you are covered by His perfect life through faith in that promise. 2.) His imparted righteousness, which is the promise that He will transform you from a being of selfishness, into a being that reflects the selfless love of Jesus, through living faith in that promise. This twofold gift will fulfill you; it will truly satisfy you; it will save you! Why not accept it today and start living a happy and Jesus-filled life in the awareness of this amazing reality of God’s redemptive love?
- Jane D.: ”God healed the sick who I prayed for. He also amazingly touched the hearts of my family.”
- Marcia N.: “My daughter has been addicted to drugs for many years, was homeless and even went to jail. Our prayer group started praying for her and as a result she is now in a facility getting help, her health is improving, she has a renewed interest in God, and she is reading Spirit of Prophecy books. She said that it is God who helped her. I praise God for His love for us and helping us through these heartbreaking years. Weeping endures for a night, but JOY comes in the morning!”
Day 61 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for Christ’s righteousness to cover and fill you.
- Pray for God to intervene in the outbreak of cerebrospinal meningitis in the upper west region of Ghana. This outbreak has already killed many people in that region.
- Pray for churches that have become inactive since the Covid-19 outbreak. Pray for pastors, church leaders, and members to know how to best connect at this time. Pray for a new focus on the importance of prayer.
- Pray for members in Myanmar as they utilize the internet to spread the gospel in this time of crisis.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, Steps to Christ, chapter 3 "Repentance" Click Here to Read
• Mark Finley, 10 Days in the Upper Room
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!