“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.” – Matthew 5:7
“God is Himself the source of all mercy. His name is ‘merciful and gracious.’ Exodus 34:6. He does not treat us according to our desert. He does not ask if we are worthy of His love, but He pours upon us the riches of His love, to make us worthy. He is not vindictive. He seeks not to punish, but to redeem . . . He yearns with intense desire to relieve the woes of men and to apply His balsam to their wounds . . . The merciful are ‘partakers of the divine nature,’ and in them the compassionate love of God finds expression. All whose hearts are in sympathy with the heart of Infinite Love will seek to reclaim and not to condemn. Christ dwelling in the soul is a spring that never runs dry. Where He abides, there will be an overflowing of beneficence.” – Thoughts from The Mount of Blessing, p. 22
Take a moment and think about God’s mercy upon your life. He only looks out for your best, despite your unfaithfulness. He is not requiring you to prove your worth to Him in order to receive His gift of salvation. He treats you with love.
When you experience and internalize God’s mercy, the Holy Spirit will enable you to become an agent of mercy; treating those around you with the same kind of love and mercy. Especially those who have wronged you.
Will you choose today, with the help of Jesus, to extend God’s mercy to people in your life? Forgiving them before they ask for it, loving them before being given a reason to? Desiring their best no matter if they are worth it or not?
- Elham L.: “I have been asking God for a deeper relationship with him. Since incorporating the 100 Days of Prayers on a daily basis into my daily devotions using a prayer journal my prayer life has been revitalized. It’s mind-blowing!”
- Sherma J.: “God answered a prayer for a missing member. She ignored my attempts to call her. When I visited, she would just talk about her problems and not let me say anything. I prayed for God to work on her heart and instead of me trying to call her that she would call me. Two weeks later she called and said that her problems are gone and she wants to come back to church and recommit her life to God!”
Day 62 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for God to make you an agent of mercy to the people in your life.
- Pray for students who are struggling to come up with school fees in order to receive an education. Pray that they will experience God’s leading in their education.
- Pray for the people and members in Zimbabwe. The majority of them can not afford to stay on lockdown. The health care system is unable to deal with the Covid-19 crisis.
- Pray for various pastors in Indonesia who have contracted Covid-19.
- Pray for God to bless the outreach of students in Brazil who are volunteering to produce hand sanitizer for the elderly.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, Steps to Christ, chapter 3 "Repentance" Click Here to Read
• Mark Finley, 10 Days in the Upper Room
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!