The Flavor of Jesus
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.” – Matthew 5:13
“. . . when God calls His children salt, He would teach them that His purpose in making them the subjects of His grace is that they may become agents in saving others … Salt must be mingled with the substance to which it is added; it must penetrate and infuse in order to preserve. So it is through personal contact and association that men are reached by the saving power of the gospel. They are not saved in masses, but as individuals. Personal influence is a power. We must come close to those whom we desire to benefit. The savor of the salt represents the vital power of the Christian—the love of Jesus in the heart, the righteousness of Christ pervading the life. The love of Christ is diffusive and aggressive. If it is dwelling in us, it will flow out to others.” – Thoughts from The Mount of Blessing, p. 35-36
The work of sharing Christ is every believer’s responsibility. Using your personal influence to point to Jesus, to share about what He has done for you, and how He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, this is every Christian’s life calling. Do you have non-believing friends or co-workers in your life? Or have you locked yourself into an “Adventist bubble”? Is there at least one non-Christian person in your life who is getting a taste of Jesus by spending time with you? Ask Jesus today to make you His delicious salt of the earth!
- Early results from a coronavirus vaccine trial show that participants developed antibodies against the virus. Praise God for this major step towards a cure through our immune system’s ability to create antibodies.
Day 68 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for the ministry of an Adventist-run center for refugees and migrants in Manaus, Brazil. They are caring for Venezuelans living as migrants in Brazil. Ask God to bless and replicate their creative ways of reaching out.
- Pray for God to bring the right guests to the health-food store and café called “Lentil” in Yoshkar-Ola, Russia. Ask Him to bless their free cooking classes and other ways of reaching out.
- Pray for members and students of the Adventist church and school in Guinobatan, Philippines. The church school was severely damaged by a recent typhoon. Pray for all who are affected by various natural catastrophes around the world.
- Pray for the Shalem Lifestyle Center in Bogor, West Java. It has had very few guests since the Covid-19 outbreak and is struggling financially. Pray for them as they are conducting an online detox program using Zoom, so that many souls can be reached in this time of crisis.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• The Beauty of Humility - (Attached to this week’s reading)
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!