Shine His Light
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” – Matthew 5:14-16
“Humanity has in itself no light. Apart from Christ we are like an unkindled taper, . . . But when we turn toward the Sun of Righteousness, when we come in touch with Christ, the whole soul is aglow with the brightness of the divine presence. Christ’s followers are to be more than a light in the midst of men. They are the light of the world . . . Angels of glory wait to communicate through you heaven’s light and power to souls that are ready to perish.” – Thoughts from The Mount of Blessing, p. 40
Did you read the quote above? Do you realize that angels are waiting to work through you to reach lost people? Isn’t this amazing? You are invited to not only be filled with the Holy Spirit for your personal sanctification, but to actively participate in shining the truth, love, and righteousness of Jesus to a world whose time is running out. Think about your family, your friends, your neighbors, your co-workers. Ask God to show you who needs the light of Jesus in their life? Who should you pray for and contact this week?
- Many countries around the world are beginning to carefully lift their lockdowns.
- The World Health Organization is saying: “If this virus is teaching us anything, it’s humility.” People are recognizing how frail they are. This is a great opportunity for the church to show seekers the hope we have in Jesus!
Day 69 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for the families of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and other African-Americans who have recently been murdered in racist-related incidents in the U.S. Pray for the African-American community as they suffer under the continued issue of racism.
- Pray for people groups around the world who are suffering due to racism. Pray for Christians to be a light of hope and solidarity, and agents of change.
- Pray for all who are currently victims of violence, conflicts, and wars. Pray for those practicing lawlessness to have an encounter with Christ.
- Pray for a young man named David from Germany who just found out that he has multiple cancers in his body. Pray that his faith will be strong, and for God to give him spiritual and physical healing.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• The Beauty of Humility - (Attached to this week’s reading)
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!