The Law of Love
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.” – Matthew 5:17-18
“The divine beauty of the character of Christ, of whom the noblest and most gentle among men are but a faint reflection; . . . Jesus, the express image of the Father’s person, the effulgence of His glory; the self-denying Redeemer, throughout His pilgrimage of love on earth, was a living representation of the character of the law of God. In His life it is made manifest that heaven-born love, Christlike principles, underlie the laws of eternal rectitude.” – Thoughts from The Mount of Blessing, p. 49
The law of God is the law of love. Jesus revealed what keeping the law truly looks like. You can keep the law only by completely relying on the Holy Spirit for help. As you believe that He is going to help you to live a life of selfless love and as you by faith do actions of love, His divine power will enable you and work in you to will and do of His good pleasure. If you are struggling with faithfulness to God’s law, will you ask Jesus today to forgive you, and fill you with His Holy Spirit? Will you ask Him to help you not just to keep the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law, which is selfless, sacrificial love to God and all people?
- Marietta A.: “Thank you for your prayers! My son has recovered from Covid-19 and is back to normal and healthy. Praise God!”
- The mortality rate of the Covid-19 pandemic in Spain has decreased significantly from 11% to now just 2%.
Day 70 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for the urban center of influence in Guatemala City which offers food, toothbrushes, showers, and a place to wash clothes for those who are living on the streets. Please ask God to meet the deepest needs of the visitors to this center, and to help them find hope for eternity.
- Pray for the media, committed to providing up-to-date information concerning Covid-19. Pray that God will help them to communicate with appropriate seriousness.
- Pray for those who are struggling with anxiety, depression, and fear during this time of crisis. Pray that they will find help, courage, hope, and healing in Jesus.
- Pray for pastors, teachers, missionaries, and members in Laos. In some regions it is very hard to use technology to reach people to minister to during this pandemic and in-person visits are at times necessary to help individuals struggling with various issues.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• The Beauty of Humility - (Attached to this week’s reading)
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!