Helper, Advocate, Comforter
“Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.” – John 16:7
“The Holy Spirit was the highest of all gifts that He could solicit from His Father for the exaltation of His people. The Spirit was to be given as a regenerating agent, and without this the sacrifice of Christ would have been of no avail. . . . Sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, . . . It is the Spirit that makes effectual what has been wrought out by the world’s Redeemer. It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church. Of the Spirit Jesus said, ‘He shall glorify Me.’” – The Desire of Ages, p. 671
Have you ever fully appreciated the incredible gift of the Holy Spirit? He is part of the Heavenly Trio, the Godhead, and He was sent to you as a gift from Jesus. He speaks, leads, convicts, helps, comforts, transforms and empowers you on your transformational journey of becoming more like our loving Jesus.
Are you comfortable in inviting the Holy Spirit into your life? Have you experienced Him “making effectual what has been wrought out by the world’s Redeemer”? Why not accept the gift of the Holy Spirit from Jesus and invite Him into your heart, giving Him access to every aspect of your life?
- Nicole P.: I’ve seen my kids grow in their friendships with each other as they have played and worked together without friends. We’ve had more time for both morning and evening family worships without anyone missing because of work or school. We’ve gotten lots of things done in our home, all working together. And we’ve had lots of great family conversations about end-time events.
- Gabriel A.: I thank God for a special healing during these 100 Days of Prayer. Our Sabbath School song leader reported a strange illness in his leg. After prayers God healed him and he ministered the following Sabbath, May 23. Praise God!
Day 72 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for members in Nigeria who are affected by persecution and harassment from various bandits and even local officials.
- Pray for plans to build a lifestyle center in Puncak, West Java. A financial miracle is needed!
- Pray for Martina R. who has been fighting an auto-immune disease for two years. Her sickness has made it impossible for her to be engaged much in God’s work.
- Pray for the ‘Origins’ center in the Galapagos Islands. They are reaching tourists from cities around the world. Origins is the church’s first high-tech museum. Ask God to put His hand over it, to bring visitors, and to give staff the words He wants them to speak to guests.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Help in Daily Living by Ellen G. White – Click here to read
• Revive Us Again by Mark Finley
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!