The Spirit of Truth
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.” – John 16:13-14
“Through the Scriptures the Holy Spirit speaks to the mind, and impresses truth upon the heart. Thus He exposes error, and expels it from the soul. It is by the Spirit of truth, working through the Word of God, that Christ subdues His chosen people to Himself.” – The Desire of Ages, p. 671
Jesus is the Truth. He is the Personification of Truth. As the Creator He defined and established all reality in perfect harmony with His character of selfless love. Satan introduced falsehood and lies into the world, trying to establish a new reality of selfishness, which is really just a grand illusion leading to death. In order to escape the illusions of Satan we have been given the Word of God. The Holy Spirit is the One Who can open our eyes to all truths of the Bible as they are in Jesus. He is the One Who can lead us out of the illusions and into the light of Christ, Who is the Truth, the Word made flesh. Will you let the Holy Spirit glorify Jesus in your life by leading you into the truth through His Word? Will you not only let Him reveal truth to you, but also let Him reform your heart into harmony with God’s reality of selfless love?
- Vasantha P.: Because of this crisis I got much time for reading the Scriptures and taking notes, watching sermons, listening to spiritual songs. This has led to the happiest moments I have ever had!
- Carol D.: I am thanking God for his mercy and goodness. I have been a Seventh-day Adventist for 33 years, and this pandemic is a blessing for me, because I did not recognize the importance of health reform. God has been working on my heart. I have chosen to become a vegetarian. To God be the glory!
Day 73 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for churches that are struggling to go digital with their services due to a lack of technological equipment and internet services.
- Pray for Adventist believers in Oman who are trying to obtain a space to gather for worship after the pandemic.
- Pray for families that are struggling with demonic oppression. Pray for victory over sins that might be the entrance for Satan to come and destroy.
- Pray for an Adventist house for homeless women in Leipzig, Germany. Over 25 years this ministry has served and supported around 2,000 women. Please ask God to continue to provide for this ministry, bringing hope and healing to those who need it most.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Help in Daily Living by Ellen G. White – Click here to read
• Revive Us Again by Mark Finley
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!