A Reflection of Jesus’ Character
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” – Galatians 5:22-23
“As you receive the Spirit of Christ—the Spirit of unselfish love and labor for others—you will grow and bring forth fruit. The graces of the Spirit will ripen in your character. Your faith will increase, your convictions deepen, your love be made perfect. More and more you will reflect the likeness of Christ in all that is pure, noble, and lovely. . . . This fruit can never perish, but will produce after its kind a harvest unto eternal life.” – Christ’s Object Lessons, p. 67-68
The Spirit leads us to Jesus. And as we abide in Jesus through a daily connection with the Holy Spirit, He will develop in us a character that reflects each day a little more the selfless, self-sacrificial, loving character of Christ. It is a transformational process of a lifetime. Just like a mango does not appear an hour after the seed has been planted but takes its time to grow into a tree that eventually bears fruit, so also the work of sanctification is a process that takes time. But rest assured that through surrender and faithfulness every aspect of the fruit of the Spirit will become evident in your life! Have you let the Holy Spirit develop in you His fruit? Are there some aspects of the fruit of the Spirit which you have been resisting Him to work on? Is it your desire to reflect Jesus more and more until all that people see is Jesus’ character of love in you?
- Jones S.: I thank God for the 100 Days of Prayer. It has brought light into my life. I have started an Adventist bakery during this period and I'm spreading the Word of God through the bakery. Through the work of the Holy Spirit one of the people getting the messages has decided to become a Seventh-day Adventist. I thank God for showing me the many ways we can spread His word and hasten His coming!
- Brother P.: During the lockdown, I went through phases of questioning and each week, God allowed me to receive the answer to my questions through the different messages and experiences shared by the authors of the 100 Days of Prayer. Thank you, Lord, for your great love and for the moments of sharing that you allow us to have with the whole world.
Day 75 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for pastors, elders and lay preachers around the world who are engaging in various online evangelistic efforts.
- Pray for the Adventist church in Iceland. There are very few members and Iceland is a very secular country. Pray for a breakthrough, revival, and a mighty harvest for Jesus.
- Pray for an Adventist drug and alcohol rehab center in Guatemala’s capital city. In addition to finding freedom from addiction, more than 1,500 people have been baptized in nine years of ministry. Please ask God to continue to bless, provide, and change lives for eternity.
- Pray for an Adventist vegan restaurant in Byron Bay, Australia. It has been ranked number 1 in a popular Australian tourist spot. Please pray that God will bless this ministry and that He will work through it to reach hearts.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Help in Daily Living by Ellen G. White – Click here to read
• Revive Us Again by Mark Finley
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!