The Best Gift!
“If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” – Luke 11:13
“The Lord is more willing to give the Holy Spirit to those who serve Him than parents are to give good gifts to their children. For the daily baptism of the Spirit every worker should offer his petition to God.” – Acts of the Apostles, p. 50
The Father is very much willing to give you the Holy Spirit if you ask Him. God never forces Himself upon you; that is why you need to ask. The original Greek in Luke 11 indicates, that this asking is an ongoing, lifelong activity of seeking more of Him, of opening up your heart to God like a flower opens to the sun. Daily and continually we need to be immersed and filled with the Presence of God through His Spirit. God’s work of sanctification and character-preparation for eternity is a process. Every day He gives us new convictions, challenges and directions through His Word, and we need to daily invite His Spirit into our hearts for grace and ability to obey and to do His good will, loving others as He loves us. You might have asked for the Holy Spirit before, but understanding that you need His baptism on a daily basis, will you ask for more of His presence in your life? Will you invite the Holy Spirit into every compartment of your heart without holding anything back?
- Luis U.: Me and my wife have been using Skype to study the Bible with six people during this quarantine. I invited many people to watch the special programs broadcasted by our Adventist channel in Brazil and many people who are not even Christians are now very open to the message of Our Lord! Some of my non-Christian friends have started to believe in the Second Coming of Christ!
- Winfrida M.: I want to share with you a word of encouragement that prayers are working! Last Sabbath five people were baptized in Kinshasa following the 100 Days of Prayer program which was shared through Radio, WhatsApp and other social media!
Day 76 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for members who are backsliding during this pandemic. Pray for the Holy Spirit to speak clearly into their hearts. Pray for those who can reach out to them to have courage, wisdom and love as they seek to help them come back to a faithful walk with Jesus.
- Pray for members in the West Zimbabwe Conference who are rallying to support the needy, vulnerable, elderly, and disabled in their communities.
- Pray for members and/or former members and youth who are trapped in false teachings and heresy. Pray for God to open their eyes and for the church to help them find the truth as it is in Jesus.
- Pray for God’s protection over medical professionals at CHI Memorial Hospital Chattanooga, and other hospitals worldwide.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Help in Daily Living by Ellen G. White – Click here to read
• Revive Us Again by Mark Finley
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!