“The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to full health.” – Psalm 41:3
“. . . Christ is the same compassionate physician now that He was during His earthly ministry. In Him there is healing balm for every disease, restoring power for every infirmity. His disciples in this time are to pray for the sick as verily as the disciples of old prayed. And recoveries will follow; for ‘the prayer of faith shall save the sick.’ We have the Holy Spirit’s power, the calm assurance of faith, that can claim God’s promises. The Lord’s promise, ‘They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover’ (Mark 16:18), is just as trustworthy now as in the days of the apostles. It presents the privilege of God’s children, and our faith should lay hold of all that it embraces.” – Ministry of Healing, p. 226
God has the power to heal every sickness with one word. He has promised that all who believe in Him will be healed. Whether this happens in this life, or ultimately at the resurrection, is up to His discretion and perfect wisdom. We are encouraged to pray for the sick with faith in the Omnipotent Healer. Often we don’t consult His ability to heal until we have exhausted every earthly option first; and while it is important to do all we can to prevent illness and to treat it, we should always go to God first and seek His guidance as we deal with disease.
Do you believe in God’s power to heal? Do you trust that He knows best when to heal, and when not to heal? Are you willing to surrender your life into His hands in times of health so that you will remain faithful in times of sickness? Will you accept His healing when it comes in the form of a lifestyle change?
- The Adventist church was able to recruit over 10,600 digital missionaries within just a few days. As a result, Adventist Bible study content is trending and appearing at the top of the list in search results on Google and YouTube.
- In the Philippines, hundreds of young people are praying in massive prayer groups and prayer chains online. Revival and miracles are taking place!
Day 80 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for more faith in the healing power of God. Pray for power to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- Pray for Adventist schools around the world as they are faced with the fallout of COVID-19 and need to find creative ways to be able to continue teaching and keeping their schools running after the summer break.
- Pray for the Gabon Mission as they are doing a Bible conference live on Facebook and YouTube until June 26. Pray that the Lord will lead the program and touch the hearts of those who are listening to it.
- Pray for Sister D.’s family’s spiritual healing and restoration. Her husband has multiple myeloma and is weak in faith. Her children have left the church and embraced unbiblical lifestyles. Her parents are disabled due to illness.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• "Peace, Be Still" (Desire of Ages, ch 35) by Ellen White
• "Surrender - The Secret to Perfect Peace and Happiness" by Gregory L. Jackson
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!