A Healthy Mind
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” – Romans 12:2
“Both the physical and the mental powers, with the affections, are to be so trained that they can reach the highest efficiency.” – Counsels on Health, p. 445
A healthy mind depends to a great degree on what your thoughts continually dwell on, your diet, exercise, and healthy relationships. There are scientifically proven links between what we eat and how our diet affects our mental capacities. A plant-based diet, more fruits and leafy vegetables, can, amongst other things, positively affect our brain health. Also, what we choose to consume with our eyes and ears, as well as what we continually think and talk about, greatly impacts our mental state. Do you choose to think about heavenly things, upon themes of righteousness and holiness? Do you engage the brain in activity focused on God’s Word and will? How is your diet looking? Is there room for improvement in order to have a healthier mind, ready to engage in spiritual activities? When was the last time you had a deep, meaningful conversation with somebody? Why not ask God to guide you in the process of gaining better mental health starting today?
- In many places lockdown restrictions have been lifted and people are able to get back to work again. Also new COVID-19 infection numbers have dropped in many countries around the world.
- Elden Ramirez (president of Montana conference): In the month of March tithes were not where they had been. We brought the situation to God in prayer. We received four donations that made up the shortfall! Everyone was expecting April to be low too. However, April 2020 had the highest tithes given in the last 10 years! God provides for His work to continue!
Day 81 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for a healthy mind and the ability to choose to dwell on righteous thoughts.
- Pray for the church’s mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The insecurity from rebel groups and the general political instability are negatively affecting the mission of the church. Pray for God to break through the darkness and evil and bring a mighty revival of godliness to the people of this region.
- Pray for the urban center of influence in Battambang, Cambodia. It includes a gym, a vegetarian restaurant, a playground, a chapel, health education, music education, and a language school. Pray for God’s blessing on this multi-faceted approach and ask Him to grow the ministry and bring the people whose hearts He has been preparing.
- Pray for newly baptized members around the world, who have given their lives to Jesus during this time of global crisis.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• "Peace, Be Still" (Desire of Ages, ch 35) by Ellen White
• "Surrender - The Secret to Perfect Peace and Happiness" by Gregory L. Jackson
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!