To Display His Glory
“Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.” Rom. 13:8
“The church is God’s appointed agency for the salvation of men. It was organized for service, and its mission is to carry the gospel to the world. From the beginning it has been God’s plan that through His church shall be reflected to the world His fullness and His sufficiency. The members of the church, those whom He has called out of darkness into His marvelous light, are to show forth His glory. The church is the repository of the riches of the grace of Christ; and through the church will eventually be made manifest, even to ‘the principalities and powers in heavenly places,’ the final and full display of the love of God. Ephesians 3:10.” Acts of Apostles, p. 9
It appears according to Romans 13:8 that we are in debt to love others as God has loved us. How can we demonstrate that love even in difficult situations, especially when we have been wronged by others? How can we be God’s agency to display His glory?
Day 9 - Prayer Focus
1. Pray that we as a Seventh-day Adventist church would fulfill our mission as God’s appointed agency for the salvation of men.
2. Pray for some of our members in Kenya. Pray for forgiveness and healing among church members, and unity and wisdom how to move forward in this COVID-19 crisis. Pray also for the Holy Spirit to be upon the church leadership throughout Kenya.
3. Pray for our church members and leaders in Burundi, Africa, who continue to be oppressed. Pray that the love of God would be displayed through the witness of those in Burundi, and through the testimony of church members all around the world, who shine for Jesus even in the midst of great turmoil and suffering.
4. Pray for a continued emphasis on new forms of evangelism that reach out to people through the internet and other ways, complying with “social distancing” but maintaining our strong emphasis on Christ, His Word, His righteousness, His sanctuary service, and His saving power in the great controversy.
5. Pray that we would know how to practically share the Three Angels’ Messages, along with God’s health message, as these messages are so relevant for this time in Earth’s history.
Going Deeper - Additional Reading Suggestions for this week:
• Ellen White, Steps to Christ, chapters 2-3
• “Removing the Spiritual Breaches” – A PDF Download
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!