Promise of Life
“. . . Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying His voice and holding fast to Him, for He is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.” – Deuteronomy 30:19-20
“The Life-giver will call up His purchased possession in the first resurrection, and until that triumphant hour, when the last trump shall sound and the vast army shall come forth to eternal victory, every sleeping saint will be kept in safety and will be guarded as a precious jewel, who is known to God by name. By the power of the Saviour that dwelt in them while living and because they were partakers of the divine nature, they are brought forth from the dead.” – Maranatha, p. 300
What a wonderful truth! God, the Source of all Life, is willing to give to all who believe the power to live a life of love, faithfulness, and righteousness on this side of heaven. But not only that, He also gladly bestows eternal life to His children, for them to live with Him forever in perfect health, bliss, joy and harmony! Praise Him! Have you taken hold of the life-giving, life-transforming, and life-enriching good-news-reality that is available to you in Jesus? Are you looking forward to resurrection day, when all who believe will receive an immortal body to enjoy eternal life with our most precious, and loving God?
- Carme A.: I’m single, full-time mom of three boys, full-time student, working, and I am heavily involved in ministry in our church. Despite the massive demands on my time and strength, God is carrying me through. We have been doing the 100 Days of Prayer program virtually with the children, youth, and adults every day. The young are very engaged, praying and asking questions. Despite financial needs for schooling, I can praise God for teaching me so much and blessing me so much during this time of pandemic. I enjoy doing ministry!
- We praise the Lord that some mission workers in the Middle East are experiencing renewed spiritual strength. Some of them were far removed from the congregation due to discouragements and a lack of revival. But because of the online united prayer during 100 Days of Prayer, they longed to be part of a church community again.
Day 91 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for an experience of the abundant life which Jesus promised you.
- Pray for all Adventist immigrants, and for individuals who are living on visas, who, because of their legal status, have no access to government help during this pandemic. Pray that they will be provided with the necessities of life.
- Pray for all Adventists and non-Adventists who are infected by COVID-19.
- Pray for the Rostok School in Russia, which serves children with special needs, providing a loving, Christ-centered curriculum that brings joy to children and parents alike. Please pray for God’s blessing for this important ministry and its staff, students, and parents.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, Christian Help Work
• Frank Hasel, Living for God: Reclaiming the Joy of Christian Virtue
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!