I Will Go. . . To My Neighbors.
“The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” – Mark 12:31
“The first work of Christians is to be united in the family. Then the work is to extend to their neighbors nigh and afar off. Those who have received light are to let the light shine forth in clear rays. Their words, fragrant with the love of Christ, are to be a savor of life unto life.” – The Adventist Home, p. 37
Jesus is aware of your sphere of influence. He knows every person you come in contact with. Our neighbors are as much our mission field as people in distant lands. We have the privilege to interact with them and be a light to them. But this must go beyond a friendly smile and the occasional small-talk. How will they hear the truth if nobody tells and shows them?
Will you pray for opportunities to build friendships with your neighbors for the purpose of witnessing to them about Jesus’ love for them? If you don’t know your neighbors, are you willing to step out of your comfort zone and introduce yourself? Are you willing to commit to the important ministry of neighborhood-evangelism?
- Jon R.: The pandemic has brought the three churches in our district together as we united online in prayer every day during the 100 Days of Prayer. We praise God, we are more unified in heart and mission than ever before!
- Jackie N.: I praise God! We were more than 20 family members in one home during the lockdown, but I can testify that we never starved and no one fell sick!
- Aldo N.: During the 100 Days of Prayer I learned to pray with humility. As a result God blessed us, and my wife, who could not conceive a child is now pregnant!
- N.J.: My mother and I prayed every day at 5 a.m. and 12 p.m. for my 88-year-old father and my sister to be reconciled. Praise God the two visited and reconciliation is taking place!
- Gloria: I was able to minister to my neighborhood by sharing flyers with God’s health principles on them. God helped me get out of my comfort zone and now I have a connection with people in my neighborhood!
Day 94 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for your neighbors, and your neighborhood. Pray for divine appointments to connect with, help, and establish friendships with your neighbors in order to shine the light of Jesus into their lives.
- Pray for the ReNewed Hope Food Pantry in Overland Park, Kansas. They are sharing food, encouragement, and hope with about 600 families (2,500 to 3,000 people) each week and have shared more than 2,000 Bible studies and Steps to Christ books in English and in Spanish. Pray for all food pantry and community service outreach ministries of our church worldwide.
- Pray for all who are engaged in online ministry through social-media, videos, apps, and Bible-study websites. Pray for a mighty harvest!
- Pray for marriages that are on the brink of divorce. Ask God to heal the relationships, pray for forgiveness, and Christ-like love to be awakened.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, The Controversy Ended
• Frank Hasel, Making Friends for God
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!