I Will Go. . . To My Classmates.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes . . .” – Romans 1:16
“Take your religion into your school life, into your boarding house, into all your pursuits.” – Messages to Young People, p. 36
“[Satan] well knows that there is no other class that can do as much good as young men and young women who are consecrated to God. The youth, if right, could sway a mighty influence. Preachers, or laymen advanced in years, cannot have one-half the influence upon the young that the youth, devoted to God, can have upon their associates. They ought to feel that a responsibility rests upon them to do all they can to save their fellow mortals, even at a sacrifice of their pleasure and natural desires. Time, and even means, if required, should be consecrated to God.” – Messages to Young People, p. 204
Are you in school? Do you have classmates, fellow students who are in pursuit of a degree and good education? Do you realize that what you have to offer – the gospel – is of much more value than a degree or any education this world can offer? Do your classmates know that you are a Christian, a Seventh-day Adventist? Or maybe you graduated a long time ago. Do you still have connections or friendships with former classmates?
God is calling you, whether you are a student in a Christian or a public setting, to be a light to your fellow classmates. Whether you interact with them on the phone, online (due to the pandemic) or in person, shine the light of Jesus!
If you are a parent, you are called to help your child in showing them how to love like Jesus, and how to share the gospel.
Will you choose today to become a missionary to the people on your school campus, an ambassador for Jesus to your former/current/future classmates?
- Praise God for providing countless financial miracles, jobs, and support for so many during this time of crisis.
- Joel B.: My wife and I visited our children in the United Arab Emirates. Because of the pandemic we got stuck there and all of us got infected with COVID-19. Many prayers were raised on our behalf. All of us except my wife survived. I still thank God for His leading. He knows what is best for our family.
- M.A.: On June 9 I woke up at 2 a.m. to an armed man standing in my room where my children and I were sleeping. He threatened to kill my children. We were scared but I told him “In the name of Jesus leave!” God heard my cry, the man left without harming us. God is faithful!
- Lindinkosi N.: On the evening of Day 80 (on physical healing), my brother's life almost slipped before our eyes. His blood pressure was high, and his heart was racing. He was trembling, gasping for air and his condition was worsening by the minute. We quickly gave him a clove of garlic and half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper dissolved in water. We then knelt and prayed and by the time we finished praying, his blood pressure had normalized, he had stopped trembling and his heart was no longer racing. We witnessed God performing the miracle of physical healing within 10 minutes!
- Rodel L.: During the lockdown my wife thought of organizing a community outreach food bank. We planned to start with only 30 care packages, but God provided and multiplied our food and care packages, allowing us to help needy families from our church and community for the upcoming months. All praises to our awesome God!
Day 97 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for your school, teachers, and your classmates. Pray for courage to stand as a Christian who lives for Jesus. Pray for opportunities to introduce faith to your classmates. If you are not in school anymore, pray for ways to reach your former class-mates.
- Pray for public campus ministry work taking place on secular campuses all around the world. Pray for more Seventh-day Adventist students and teachers to engage in this ministry, reaching the world by reaching the campus.
- Pray for a mighty harvest of souls from all ministries that have been changing to online outreach due to the pandemic.
- Pray for pregnant sisters around the world who are soon to deliver their children. Pray for safety and protection from the COVID-19 virus, and for healthy children to be born. Pray for these children to grow up to be mighty workers for Jesus.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, The Controversy Ended
• Frank Hasel, Making Friends for God
To download this week's devotional and prayer requests, click here
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!