I Will Go. . . To My World.
“Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people.” – Revelation 14:6
“God bids you with one hand, faith, take hold of His mighty arm, and with the other hand, love, reach perishing souls. Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. Follow Him. Walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Walk even as He walked. This is the will of God, even your sanctification. The work you have to perform is to do the will of Him who sustains your life for His glory. If you labor for yourselves, it can profit you nothing. To labor for others’ good, to be less self-caring and more in earnest to devote all to God, will be acceptable to Him and be returned by His rich grace.” – Testimonies, Vol. 2, p. 170
Seventh-day Adventists have the unique, prophetic calling to proclaim the Three Angels Messages to the entire world in preparation of the Second Coming of Jesus. These messages can be summarized like this: 1) God is Your Creator, You are loved and desired by Him. Accept His gift of grace and the judgment will be in your favor. 2) This world with all its anti-God systems is corrupted, unreliable, and fallen. Put your trust in God alone. 3) Satan, the originator of all death, misery, selfishness, and pain, sin, and all who embrace His falsehoods will be destroyed soon in order for justice and love to be restored to the universe. Only those who put their trust in the loving Savior Jesus Christ will be eternally saved and transformed into a new person who reflects the selfless love of God.
Is it your desire to do all that is within your ability to reach this lost world with the love of God, and the message of repentance, salvation, and judgment? Will you shine as Christ’s representative in a dark world? Will you stand, live, speak, care, bless, and love, embracing your prophetic identity as a Seventh-day Adventist?
And if you are not a Seventh-day Adventist, is it your desire to join God’s end-time movement, be baptized and engage in Jesus’ mission?
- J.S.: God has been doing miracles in answering our prayers. People have been delivered from demons and witchcraft and many have been healed from spiritual and physical sicknesses.
- Viviana H.: Praise the Lord that during these 100 Days of Prayer He allowed us to start a small group in our home with our neighbors and they are getting to know Jesus.
- Chadwick A.: My baby son almost died from choking. His pulse went way down and he couldn’t breathe for a while. We all panicked and tried to figure out what to do. Then I remembered the 100 Days of Prayer reading of that day (Looking up to Jesus), and I prayed, pleading for his life. God gave me a calm conviction that he will not die. We were able to do some CPR and after 15 minutes of no sign of life he began to breathe. We finally got him to the hospital where he was stabilized. Praise God for saving him!
- T.E.: I was highly blessed during the 100 days. I was praying for my brother who had turned away from God and his family for 7 years. He did not even participate in my wedding ceremony. Miraculously, my brother returned home in these 100 Days of Prayer. He confessed his sins and he is now fully committed to God's work!
- Orusoso A.: During the 100 Days of Prayer, I and my husband have been asking the Lord to impress upon our hearts, families and friends to reach out to for support during the crisis. Although my business has suffered financially since the lockdown in March, we reached out to as many as we were led to at various times within the period. Earlier this week, I had this nudge to review my finances, only to discover that despite all the spending on daily upkeep, accrued bills and support to others, my finances did not suffer negatively as I feared. Praise be to God!
Day 99 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for God to help you and your family to fully embrace the prophetic, Adventist, missionary identity of Revelation 14.
- Pray for a willing heart to go into the mission field, whether that is local or in a foreign country.
- Pray for all who are still suffering from the coronavirus. Pray for healing and for an end of the pandemic.
- Pray for a mobile clinic in San Francisco which sets up on church properties to provide free dental and vision care, plus free medical screening. Please ask God to bless the patients with both physical and spiritual healing.
- Pray for individuals who have put off their decision to be baptized. Pray they will fall in love with Jesus and make a complete decision of surrender to Him.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, The Controversy Ended
• Frank Hasel, Making Friends for God
To download this week's devotional and prayer requests, click here
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!