What is Righteousness?
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. – Matthew 5:6
Righteousness is holiness, likeness to God, and ‘God is love.’ 1 John 4:16. It is conformity to the law of God, for ‘all Thy commandments are righteousness’ (Psalm 119:172), and ‘love is the fulfilling of the law’ (Romans 13:10). Righteousness is love, and love is the light and the life of God. The righteousness of God is embodied in Christ. We receive righteousness by receiving Him. – Thoughts from The Mount of Blessing, p. 18
Do you hunger and thirst for Christ’s righteousness?
His life of perfectly selfless love and His substitutional death provides you with a twofold gift of justifying grace: 1.) His imputed righteousness, which is the promise that you are covered by His perfect life through faith in that promise. 2.) His imparted righteousness, which is the promise that He will transform you from a being of selfishness, into a being that reflects the selfless love of Jesus, through a living faith in that very promise.
This twofold gift will fulfill you; it will truly satisfy you; it will save you! This gift is given to you in Jesus. Freely. Why not accept it today and start living a happy and Jesus-filled life in the awareness of this amazing reality of God’s redemptive love?
- Pray that God would help you stop believing the lies of Satan that make you think you are not worthy of His love.
- Pray and ask God to impute and impart His righteousness to you.
- Pray that the non-Christian staff who work during the General Conference session will sense God’s love and presence in the delegates and it will lead them to want to know more about Seventh-day Adventist.
- Pray for all the logistical details at the General Conference session to go smoothly.
- Pray for those in the 10/40 window who have never heard this wonderful truth and have a distorted concept of God’s love and character.
Join 24/7 United in Prayer
Join other believers from around the world praying together on Zoom during the 40 Days of Prayer: https://247unitedprayer.org