A Saving Connection
And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. – John 16:8-11
The promise of the Holy Spirit is not limited to any age or to any race. Christ declared that the divine influence of His Spirit was to be with His followers unto the end. From the Day of Pentecost to the present time, the Comforter has been sent to all who have yielded themselves fully to the Lord and to His service. To all who have accepted Christ as a personal Saviour, the Holy Spirit has come as a counselor, sanctifier, guide, and witness. – Acts of the Apostles, p. 49
Part of the Holy Spirit’s work is to convict of sin, righteousness, and judgment. These three elements of His “convicting work” are represented in the Sanctuary and its services.
In the courtyard the sacrifice for sin took place (pointing to Jesus on the Cross and His imputed righteousness); in the Holy Place the three elements of experiencing the imparted righteousness of Christ were revealed—in the Table of Showbread (Bible study), the Altar of Incense (Prayer), and the Candlestick (Spirit-filled witnessing). All three elements were exemplified in the life of Christ as a model for us today; And in the Most Holy Place we are reminded of the importance and reality of the judgment as the High Priest only entered on the Day of Atonement (pointing to Jesus engaging in the investigative judgment on your behalf).
In other words: The Holy Spirit’s work is to lead you into a salvation experience through faith in everything that Jesus is, has done, and is now doing for you.
Do you understand the personal significance of the beautiful work of the Holy Spirit? Will you joyfully embrace His work and let Him lead you to Jesus, and also make you like Jesus in character as we live through the time of the judgment?
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in the lives of the 7 names on your list.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in any area in your own life that needs spiritual healing.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would help you love and obey God and His Word.
- Pray that in our eagerness to find creative ways to witness to others, we won’t lose our dependence on Christ, His Word, His righteousness, His sanctuary service, and His saving power in the great controversy.
- Pray for the weak and vulnerable around you, especially for orphans and widows, and those enslaved.
Join 24/7 United in Prayer
Join other believers from around the world praying together on Zoom during the 40 Days of Prayer: https://247unitedprayer.org