Lord, Please Bless the Person Who Finds this Money
By Derek J. Morris
I don’t usually carry much cash but this was a special assignment. I was on my way to the store to send $500 via Western Union to help fund a series of evangelistic meetings in Kenya. I was impressed by the dedication of both the pastor and the church members in that region of Kenya. They were sacrificing in significant ways to share the Gospel message in an un-entered region.
When I arrived at the store, I discovered there was a power outage and the computers weren’t working. As a result, I wasn’t able to send the money, but I did purchase a few groceries. It wasn’t until much later that I realized my money pouch was missing—with the $500! I went back to the store and checked with the manager, but no one had turned in the missing money pouch. The manager didn’t sound too hopeful, but he suggested I leave my name and phone number.
After a period of consternation, I was impressed to pray a simple prayer: “Lord, please bless the person who finds the money!” The Lord answered that prayer in an unexpected way. Three days after I lost my money pouch I received a phone call from the store. Someone had found my money pouch and taken it to the store manager’s office. I was excited to hear the news. Even if all of the money was missing, my banking information was hopefully still secure.
When I opened my money pouch, I was in for a big surprise. Every dollar was still there, including the five $100 bills that I had planned to send to Kenya for the evangelistic meetings. I just wanted to use my favorite Hebrew word: Hallelujah. That’s when I realized my prayer had been heard: “Lord, please bless the person who finds the money!” I was blessed indeed, and now I was able to pass on the blessing to a dedicated group of evangelists in Kenya.
Derek J. Morris is president of Hope Channel at the General Conference of Seventh-Day Adventist. He’s also host of the Hope Sabbath School program, which has been watched by millions worldwide over the past 10 years.
World Church Prayer Requests
March 25 – April 1, 2018
• PRAYER REQUEST: Derek Morris recently completely a Revelation of Hope evangelistic series in Nairobi, Kenya. This series was broadcast nationwide on Hope Channel Kenya, with responses from Mombasa in the east to Kisumu in the west. Please pray for the newly baptized members and Bible study interests from this recent Revelations of Hope series.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for Mark Finley’s upcoming evangelistic meetings in Mwanza, Tanzania, that will occur in May, 2018. These meetings will be broadcast nationwide on Hope Channel Tanzania.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the Hope Channel Iceland mission project, as they work to bring God's Good News of a better life for today and for eternity to the people of Iceland in their native language. Pray that the church in Iceland will grow and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the Hope Channel viewers who watch from 150+ countries around the world. Pray that hearts will be open and receptive, and that decisions will be made for eternity. Pray for supernatural blessings for the Hope Channel team as they seek to encourage their worldwide viewing audience on their journey from broadcast to baptism and beyond.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the 50 Hope Channel directors and managers around the world, and their teams, especially those who are facing unique challenges due to political upheaval and economic instability.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for Hope Channel’s “Celebration of Hope” partnership weekends planned for 2018 where they will be sharing their vision and what God is doing through Hope Channel with donors. Pray that God will continue to supply necessary funds so Hope Channel can continue to grow and be used for God’s glory.