My Dream and the Coming Storm
By Faith M. Connovich
“Was that just a dream or did it actually happen?” I thought to myself. The colors were so vibrant and everything seemed so real! Has that ever happened to you? A few weeks ago, I had a dream that I’ve often thought about and prayed over. I share it with you in hopes that you will also be encouraged to pray and be ready for the storm that’s coming.
In my dream, I stood outside in my backyard with my girls. The sun was shining brightly — it was a beautiful day with a light blue sky. The girls played while I watched with happiness and peace in my heart. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the sky started to rapidly change. The colors turned from light blue to dark blue, then light gray to dark gray as the clouds rolled toward our home. We ran to the house for safety from the approaching storm. Once inside, I looked out the kitchen window. The sky was black as night, rain pelted down and the wind howled—the storm was here!
I told the girls, “This could turn into a tornado fast! Let’s go to the basement where it’s safer during a storm.” Before heading downstairs, I took one more look outside the window. Lightning, thunder and high winds obscured my vision, but I saw another family member in our detached garage. The garage door remained open, and I could see them working with some wood. They appeared happy and totally oblivious to the storm. I tried to yell out the window for them to take cover—to come into the house where they would be safe. They couldn’t hear me. The storm raged outside — they would never hear me during the storm. Suddenly, I woke up shaken and upset! After opening my eyes and realizing it was just a dream, I started to pray.
I believe this dream is important. I can’t stop thinking about it. After much prayer, I believe God is warning us that trouble is coming to our world and He wants people to be ready. Have we set our anchor on Jesus, not traditions or denominational beliefs? Do we have the faith it will take to go through the troublesome times ahead?
Will you join me in praying for God to help us be ready, and that He will help our loved ones to be ready for whatever storm lies ahead? Ask God to, “Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.” (Ps. 139:23,24, NKJV)
Ask God “What can I do to help my family and friends be ready?” Remember, when we pray, He listens (1 John 5:14). Keep asking and entrusting your life to His hands—it’s the only place of safety we can count on!
Faith Connovich is a registered nurse serving patients in the Southern Ohio area and the founder of Creative Faith Ministries. She loves hiking, camping and being in nature as much as possible—and she believes that prayer and communion are a journey with God. Faith loves God and wants to help people find their way home. She brings joy to walking with God that is contagious to all she meets. Her testimony was originally shared at: TimeToGetReadyMinistries.org
World Church Prayer Requests
April 15 - 21, 2022
- Pray for our brothers and sisters in Shanghai China who are facing strict Covid lockdowns.
- Pray for persecuted believers in the Middle East, in Africa, in Asia, and in Eastern Europe. Pray that any persecution experienced will simply be seed to greater spread of the gospel.
- Pray for the Pathways to Health event that will be taking place this coming weekend in the state of Indiana in the USA. Over 2,500 volunteers will convert the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis into a mobile clinic to provide health and dental care to those in need.
- Pray for the upcoming 40 Days of Prayer for the World Church which will run from May 3 -June 11. (If you are signed up for these weekly United in Prayer mailings, you will receive the materials for 40 Days of Prayer!)
- Pray for the 109,000 Xiangtang in China. Please pray for a church-planting effort to be started among this unreached people group.