Returning my Mother’s Prayers
By Danielle Harrison
In my youth I wandered far from God. I lived a very dark and rebellious life, but my mother was a prayer warrior on my behalf. For years she pressed her petitions to the throne of God, begging God to transform my life. God faithfully heard and answered her prayers.
I gave my life to Christ and I became a NEW creature! Not only that, but the Lord opened the way for me to become active in ministry for Him.
As I began experiencing this new life in Him, I earnestly wanted my mother to make a deeper commitment to the Lord. She loved Him and His Word, but she didn’t know the joy of the Sabbath, and I longed to see her embrace this beautiful truth found in God’s Word.
I determined that I would do as she had done for me! I began to pray specifically, consistently, and intentionally each day for my mother. After some time, I began to experience a weight of conviction on my heart to appeal to her about the Sabbath. This was terrifying to me. She had always been patient and prayerful with me. I wanted to do the same for her! The last thing I wanted was to push her away or damage our relationship!
I prayed, “Lord if this is what you want me to do, I ask you to open the doors and give me the words!” And within a short time...God did just that!
I didn’t know it, but God had been laying conviction on her heart for some time. She had a lot of questions and concerns holding her back from accepting the Sabbath. The Lord gave me stories and Scriptures and testimonies to share with her to answer her questions. After a three-hour conversation, she committed to begin keeping the Sabbath.
Over the course of the next few months, I watched from afar as many other changes took place in her life. God was generous to both of us when He brought me back to visit her the weekend of her baptism! We sang together as part of that special event. How happy we are that God has restored our relationship and made us prayer warriors in the process! Truly we serve a God that hears our prayers.
Danielle Harrison is a member of Gainesville SDA church in Gainesville, GA.
World Church Prayer Requests
December 8 - 15, 2019
• PRAYER REQUEST: Pray for the personal ministries in your local church.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Pray for the families represented in your local church, that God would put a hedge of protection around the homes and hearts of each one.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Pray for the marriages represented in your church. Pray for these marriages to be strong testimonies of God’s glory. Pray that the enemy would not be able to get a foothold or bring division between husbands and wives.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Pray for the children of your church. Perhaps some are struggling more than others. Pray for each of these children by name. Pray for our young people to know Jesus personally, and choose to be laborers in His harvest.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Finally, lift up the arms of your local pastor in prayer. It’s easy to criticize, but you can make a greater difference if you pray. Pray that God would strengthen him, fill him with the Holy Spirit, and use him in a mighty way to share the gospel.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Continue to pray for the General Conference session that will be held June 25th – July 4, 2020. Pray that God would prepare His church and leaders for the Holy Spirit outpouring to come.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the coming Ten Days of Prayer, January 8-18, 2020. Please pray earnestly that many people all over the world will choose to be part of this powerful Ten Days of Prayer focusing on cultivating a deeper experience with the Lord. To learn more, visit: www.tendaysofprayer.org.