That Still Small Voice
By Laura Williams
I was at the airport, early in the morning, a few weeks ago, standing at the front of the group three section for boarding. Directly in front of me, by the window, was a man in a wheelchair. He had a look of pure misery on his face. I made eye contact with him twice and smiled, but he did not return it. Instead, he just looked back down at the floor with an unhappy look.
Then, the thought came to me, "Go give him one of your CD's." "No way!" I thought. I did not want to walk up and randomly hand someone a CD. The feeling grew stronger as Group 1 was boarding. I continued to try and push the thought out of my mind. Now Group 2 was boarding. I looked at the line, at him, back at the line.
Then, they called for Group 3. I was at the front of that line. "Oh well," I thought. "I guess I can't go talk to him now."
I walked up to the ticket counter; the lady scanned my ticket and I started walking toward the plane. The feeling was so strong, by this point, that I just stopped in my tracks!
I went back and told the ticket lady that I needed to do something before boarding and that I would come back through the line later.
I took a CD out of my bag and walked up to the man and said, "I don't know why, but I really feel like I should give you this CD." Immediately, he broke out into a huge smile and the lady next to him instantly started to cry. They both said “thank you” profusely, and as I turned and walked away, I heard her say to him, "See, we just never know when God will send His angels to us."
We should not ignore those times when God prompts us to do things, even if it seems to be way out of our comfort zone. Who knows what opportunities we might miss by not listening to that still small voice. I have no idea what effect that CD will have on that couple, but I know I'll find out some day. I just hope I will obey immediately the next time that still small voice speaks to my heart.
Laura Williams and her husband Ernie travel all over the United States putting on Christ centered musical concerts. Laura has produced multiple musical albums and CD’s. Her latest is Scripture Songs for the Last Days.
World Church Prayer Requests
April 7 - 13, 2023
- Pray for the special “Back to the Altar” Family Sabbath taking place this weekend for church leaders. To learn more about this special revival initiative, click here: https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/2022/12/B...
- Pray for leaders from around the world church that will be meeting this coming week. Pray for wisdom and for direction as they tackle difficult issues.
- Pray for your local pastor, and pastors around the world, that God would give them holy boldness and courage to preach Biblical truth in this day of declining morality.
- Pray for your pastor’s family, his spouse and children, that their family may be united and empowered to witness together. If they are not strong, pray for healing.
- Pray for the special evangelistic meetings to take place in Europe this year. Pray that God will open the doors and hearts afresh to the power of His Word.
“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Pet. 3:9
Download this week's testimony and prayer requests by clicking here!